Last night was the Aria Lit Night part of the Arete Humanities Week. I was there, along with Yumi,Cerz and Jay. As I said, we were all volunteers for Lit Night, with Yumi as our "boss".
We, me, Yumi and Cerz, were all assigned to registration for that night. So there we were, in the driveway in front of the Dela Costa Hall, sitting right behind the table. Jay and I were working on the sign up sheets, our backs to the library. Yumi and Cerz were standing by the table talking. Anyway, Cerz happened to ask where Ina had danced last Monday for the opening of Arete. Yumi ended up mimmicking the dance of Ina...and guess who just happened to be walking towards Dela Costa Hall, watching her with that bewildered smile he saves up just for creative writing majors?
Oh, yeah, My Lord. Heh.
So there was Yumi, frozen in place, her hands still raised, her body bent slightly, leaning to the side. And then, she started screaming and cursing. And all the while, My Lord just laughed and entered the Dela Costa Hall.
Let's see if Yumi will make good her threat and cut class tomorrow.
The Lit Night was ok. I mean, it was kind of thrilling, having famous writers such as Benilda Santos sign on the guestbook and accept the "Aria" fans we were giving to faculty ("Free fan! It's very beeyootifool!" haha...nagpromote ba naman! Ma'am Beni: Oh yes, it's very beautiful!). Too bad Danton Remoto didn't come up to the registration table to sign on the guestbook. I still don't know what he looks like. But some of the readings were too long, so long that the committee heads were radioing to one another to fix the sound system and pretend there was some sort of technical difficulty to shut up one especially talkative woman. But there were some poems that were nice. And we knew some of the people reading. There was Sir Edgar Samar, who one first place in the Palanca for filipino poetry. Sir Vince was going to read, too, but we were gone by the time he read. Supposedly, Sir Brion was supposed to read as well, but he didn't arrive. There were also some students, such as Jilly, the heightster (I think), Nico Lacson and EJ Galang.
Oh yeah, some bands played too during intermissions. David played! He's the boyfriend of one of our previous english blockmates, and one of Arete's heads, so he's often seen around Ateneo, though he doesn't study there anymore. There was also this sort of girl band, who played some nice songs. The singer was pretty good, and some of the songs were sang well...but I didn't much like her version of Imago's Bathala. I don't know. I happen to like the song a lot (actually, I like most of the Imago songs), and I was excited when I heard the vocalist announce that they were going to sing it. But I ended up feeling disappointed with the way it was sung. It was as if the singer was having a hard time singing it, and they changed some of the arrangements. Inartehan nila ung kanta, ang ganda na nung original.
The SOH week's until Saturday, I think, but it's only the Lit Night that I will, or already did, attend. Yumi's trying to sell me tickets to tomorrow's Sonata concert. She'd already sold Cerz tickets, and I think she'll be taking her church friends, JM, Regi and company, with her to the concert. But this is the first day I've been able to go home early this week, and I want another one tomorrow. Plus, I have a feeling I'll be out of place there, so I'll just stick to my own company.
# Lyn found a missing piece @ 5:01 PM