<body> <body bgcolor=#FFFFFF>

Friday, September 24, 2004

 

KFC & Lost in...Translation?

Something funny happened during lunch in KFC today. Actually, I only got the whole story from Jihan, but I saw the tail end of it, so there you go.
We had decided to have lunch in KFC (me, Yumi, Cerz, Jihan, Ina Darls, and Jace). Since Cerz and I got out of class at 11:30 AM, Jace and Jihan decided to take the tricycle ahead of us.
Jihan and Jace got a table by the wall. It just so happened that on the next table sat two obviously gay guys. Well, they were smiling in their direction right from the start. Jihan and Jace went and bought their food. When they got back, the two guys appeared to have been waiting for their arrival, and were watching them as they walked back to the table, still smiling. Then, one of the guys turned to them.
GUY: (looking at Jace) Are you from Ateneo?
JIHAN: (thinking the guy looked cute) Yes.
GUY: *blah blah blah* theology...
Jihan didn't understand, and since the guy kept looking at Jace, snubbing Jihan the whole time, Jihan sat down. Jace, not understanding either, and upon hearing the hated word theology, sat down as well. So, the guys, discouraged, turned back to each other.
GUY'S FRIEND: Baka kaklase mo sa Ateneo (or something)
I think we arrived sometime around that moment. When the guys saw how many girls there were, they must have been encouraged. They probably thought Jihan was Jace's girlfriend, but our arrival pretty much disproved that. We all eventually left again to buy our food. And when we got back, we saw the guy who had asked Jace about theology standing by our table. His friend was waiting for him near the stairs. When we got to the table, the guy left and there was this weird look on Jace's face. In time, we got the whole story from Jihan.
Apparently, the two guys had stood up to leave. As they did, the first guy accidentally (?!?) dropped a piece of paper, which just happened to slide right underneath Jace's (how convenient) chair.
GUY: Whoops! Pwede kong kunin?
Jace was, of course, forced to stand up because the paper was under his chair. He did, and he gestured. And the guy bent to pick up the paper. I think he even tried to show it to Jace, who just couldn't care less and was getting impatient.
GUY: Nag-m-masters ka ba sa theology?
Ha! Jace taking masters in theo?!? Sure, when I actually start wearing tube top, miniskirt and stiletto heels to school!
JACE: (bewildered) No.
GUY: Ah... (still smiling for a long time. After some time, when we arrived...) Enjoy your lunch!
Haha! Who the heck says "Enjoy your lunch" to someone you don't even know?!? Jace won't--or couldn't--believe it when we told him that the guy was obviously hitting on him. He freaked out actually. Hehe...but that was really funny, and gave me and Jihan something to talk about during our hunt for security guards around Ateneo.
+++++++++++++++++++++++
At three pm, Franz, Jihan and I left Ateneo to go to UA&P to get data for our theo paper. Cerz was supposed to come too but her directing rehearsal ran overtime, so we left her.
We got lost. Twice. The first one was on the way to UA&P. Franz was driving and I was (sort of) navigating. I only knew the way up to the Medical City. From there, we got lost. Franz tried calling his friend, Marla, to get directions, but we still got lost and ended somewhere near Pasig already. We had to backtrack, but we got there.
UA&P? Scary place. Not scary scary. Just not the place I would want to study in. Kind of like a mausoleum with all its marble floor. And it's so closed in and it reminded me of Poveda (I hated the Poveda buildings). If I was really claustrophobic, I wouldn't have lasted there.
The people were pretty nice, though--at least those we talked to. Many, many thanks to Marla and her Woodrose friends. Yep, most of them were from Woodrose and knew Nana, my theater arts blockmate. But they don't act like girls from Woodrose. They're actually pretty down-to-earth and nice. Marla was great, taking us around and introducing us to her friends and a disciplinary officer so we could interview them all. And it turned out she really had class that time! She just cut class! Man, we owe her a lot...for the interviewees and the student handbook we found on a table.
I saw some old Poveda batchmates. I think I saw Maevie. And Chesa Deus. And of course, Justine! I ambushed her and forced her to answer my survey...hehe. And I think I saw Maita, a Povedan one batch below me.
We left at around 6, armed with about 12 interviews. Again, we got lost. We'd gotten directions from Justine, but they were so long and convoluted that we ended up in this long stretch of road that just read Shaw Boulevard. We had never seen that road, and the only thing familiar was the Starmall--or it seemed familiar--and we had no idea how to get out. Mom kept calling me to ask where I was. Actually, she'd been calling me even when we were in UA&P. I was interviewing someone at that time, so I didn't answer. Mom actually called Cerz, found out she hadn't gone with us, then got the number of Jihan. Anyway, back to Shaw Boulevard. After about three times and circling the road until finally we finally got out. And it turned out EDSA was just on the other side of Starmall! It was 7:15 pm by the time Franz dropped me off at our store in White Plains, where mom was waiting for me.
I said yesterday I wasn't going to the Sonata concert because I wanted to go home early for a change. Joke's on me. I ended up getting home late anyway. But the trip was pretty fun--on my part at least. And yeah! I got to see Franz's really awesome CD player! We played the CD Jihan gave me, and I think my mouth fell open when this thin rectangular box just slid out of the dashboard and flipped up to reveal a small screen! Heck, you could actually play VCDs in that car! Damn, wouldn't it be cool to have a CD player like that in our car! Haha...ang babaw ng kaligayahan ko, no?

Comments:
hinahanap ka nga ni best friend regi eh.. hehe.. may sasabihin daw siya sayo. kaso... baka magalit ka daw.. hehe. actually, he got the point nung naglolokohan tayo about sandara. hehe.. gets mo narin siguro kung ano yon diba? hehe.. basta yon. cards to the max kami. anywho, sana pumunta ka. hehe.
 
waah...pucha pati ba naman siya sandara rin nakikita sa mukha ko?!? ang layo kaya!!! waaaaaah...sabihin mo sa kanya di ko na siya best friend whahaha...joke :P sayang nga eh, sobrang naiinggit ako nung nabasa ko text mo na nagcacards kayo *iyak*...tapos nasa tindahan pa rin ako ng ganung oras...wahh.
 
Aliw ng "silver screen" ni Franz noh? Haha.
(Nag-enjoy dahil doon.) :p

Sayang di nakasama si Cerz, sigurado mas makulit (maingay, masaya) tayo nu'n habang tayo'y nawawala. hehe

Hope we do well with the paper :D
 
i take it, "anonymous" is jihan hehe...

yup, ganda nung cd player ni franz!!! hehe...meet tau bukas...wala lang :) para maayos ung paper bago masubmit
 
hindi nga raw kayo magkamukha eh... pero natawa daw siya nung nalaman niya yung connection niyo ni sandara nung asa cantina tayo.. hehe...
 
Hay naku, sana you asked me for directions. I go through Shaw like, everyday! XD

BTW, patay na yung 1st-ever blog ko dito (l_i_g_a_y_a) after only a year. T_T Me ish sad. T_____________T
 
Post a Comment

[ the puzzled one ]

    Just another puzzle with
    its pieces still missing.

[ the pieces of my puzzle ]

[ the finished puzzles ]

September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 March 2007 May 2007 June 2007 February 2013 March 2013

[ solve the puzzle ]



Blogskin Designed by: EcNeRaLx Design.. Visit my blog at www.lifepeek.blogspot.com and look at more of my skins at www.blogskins.com.. my username is ecneralx.. thanz a lot!! Enjoy this blogskin!! Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com