I spent last night over at my sister's apartment in Robinsons Towers in Manila. She invited me to watch the Melange concert of the UP Med Choir and the UP Rhythmics (of which her friends, Ging and Julie) are part of. How was the concert? Um...well, I didn't find the choir all that nice, though some of the songs were good. But most of the female soloists I didn't like. As my sister said, their voices were too sweet. They sang the song of the Indigo Girls, Power of Two, and one of the girls was the soloist. Um...I've always liked the song, but I didn't like the way the girl sang it. But the Med Rhythmics was great.
Surprisingly, too, I saw Michael Son from school there, sitting right behind me, my sister and her boyfriend, with his friends. It seems as if I've been running into Michael all my life (he's gay, so don't get any ideas). He was Father Jacob to my Benjamin in our Repertory workshop showcase, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, when I was 11. Apparently he's also the kid in the "Gusto kong pumunta sa buwan" Jollibee commercial long, long ago. He was also my co-mass choir member for the Poveda-sanctioned Poveda-Xavier interaction back in third year. Then, I found out he was also studying in Ateneo, and he became my classmate in French class during sophomore year.
Sort of like Celline Salapantan...but that's another story.
Anyway, today, my sister left me in her apartment while she went to PGH to do her rounds. Spent the time shopping in Robinsons. Not clothes shopping. Book shopping.
Well, next time. I'm off to watch Baby.
# Lyn found a missing piece @ 5:59 PM