<body> <body bgcolor=#FFFFFF>

Sunday, November 28, 2004

 

Eastwood Gimik 2

Damn! My entire entry on last Friday's trip was deleted! Too damn long to write again!
I'll try to write it again, but I don't have the patience to type it all up again. Here goes.
I ended up going to Eastwood last Friday with Yumi and Cerz and Yumi's parents to watch their drama teacher's free admission play, Subtext, which was a three-act play revolving around miscommunication through written conversation.
The first involved a couple in their twenties (the guy coincidentally being the high school friend and ball date of my older sister), who were out on a date, but ended up fighting about each other's text messages. The girl complains that the guy never uses smileys on his messages, which he always wrote in all caps, though the guy protests that his phone doesn't have the smiley character and the lower-case function. The guy retaliates by complaining that the girl always writes her I love yous in the form of "I lab u", and never "I love you" or even "I luv you." The story was so funny because the argument was so senseless and bizarre in the first place. Imagine nearly killing each other (and trying to commit suicide with a bread knife) because of stupid text messages.
The second revolved around two teenagers who always flirt with each other through text, but never really find the courage to actually say directly that they liked each other. They just kept dropping hints, which the other kept misinterpreting. And just when the guy finally works up the courage to say his feelings and ask the girl out, he runs out of credits.
The third, and last, story involved an old married couple. This time, instead of text messages, communication was shown through a letter. When the woman discovered a love letter (the second page) inside the pocket of her husband's leather jacket, she read it, and mistook it for a love letter for another woman. She was devastated as she read the letter, but she didn't want to show her husband that she'd read the letter, so she pretended to be asleep when her husband came into their bedroom, though tears still rolled down her cheeks. But instead of going straight to sleep too, the husband retrieves the letter, along with the first page, from the jacket and, this time, read it aloud himself. And when he read it aloud, we discovered that it was really a letter he wrote for his wife, which he'd thought to give the day before, but didn't.
I have to admit that I'm glad I went to see the play. After all it's free. And it's actually quite good, and it kept me laughing all throughout the show. And the drama teacher, Niel de Mesa, who was the writer of the play, sang, too. Fine, I don't remember most of the songs, but damn, he's good! I can just imagine him in a production of Rent.
Yumi treated us to dinner at Fazoli's after the play. Ha! Free food! :P And we "bonded" with her mom during dinner, ranting about Ms. Lanot, raving over the drama teacher and his play, and discussing Yumi's eating habits when she was a kid. Yeah, Yumi, I really wish she did bring out the baby pics. Heh.
Afterwards, Yumi, Cerz and I went around. We went through the bazarre, had our neoprints taken, and stopped by the A Different Bookstore. You should've seen the shelf for Philosophy. Mr. de Jesus would have been in heaven. Heidegger, Nietschze, Hegel, Aristotle. Hail, hail, the gang's all here!
Oh, yeah, I promised Yumi I would scan the neoprints and post it here. The scan's not too good, but it'll do. Here goes:


Comments:
whee!! nalagay ko na yung pic sa blog ko!! wahehehehe..... buti nalang walang baby pic nanay ko sa wallet nya. grad pic lang. wheee!! phew..
 
Ang cute naman ng pictures niyo! ^_^
 
Ang cute naman ng pictures niyo! ^_^
--Kim
 
Post a Comment

[ the puzzled one ]

    Just another puzzle with
    its pieces still missing.

[ the pieces of my puzzle ]

[ the finished puzzles ]

September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 March 2007 May 2007 June 2007 February 2013 March 2013

[ solve the puzzle ]



Blogskin Designed by: EcNeRaLx Design.. Visit my blog at www.lifepeek.blogspot.com and look at more of my skins at www.blogskins.com.. my username is ecneralx.. thanz a lot!! Enjoy this blogskin!! Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com