<body> <body bgcolor=#FFFFFF>

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

 

And then there was one.

And just like that, it's over. At about 12:30 this afternoon, my third year in college ended officially at the same time that I replaced the cap on the pen I used for my theology exam inside the Escaler Hall. Three years of college gone by, and I've only got one left before I finally (hopefully) will don that blue toga and cap with the tassel on it and leave Ateneo behind forever.
I know it sounds cliche, but time really does fly by. It doesn't seem so long ago since last summer, when I was trying, and failing, to get a slot in a Polsci and a Hi 165 class for summer classes. Now, it's another summer, and I'm once again pestering Xander about my advisement slip for summer classes.
And I can still remember too well freshman year, when I had been really looking forward to the second semester of my junior year. I had been holding a copy of the BFA Creative Writing prospectus at that time, and I had seen that the second semester of junior year only had one general subject--Philosophy 102. The rest consisted of three Fine Arts electives and 1 writing workshop.
Well, that aforementioned semester just ended this afternoon, and I have to admit that it didn't turn out quite the way I imagined it would. For one thing, I had, not one but two general subjects because of my flunking theology last semester. This last sem was the sem wherein I had to repeat a subject for the very first time in my life, and it's not exactly a first that anyone would want to experience. I'd also had a lot of down moments this semester, and there were so many moments when I felt completely unmotivated by any of my classes. It was the semester when I didn't have any subject to look forward to any day of the week.
But I have to admit too that there are a lot of experiences this semester that I'm glad to have had. For one thing, I don't think I've performed onstage in almost ten years as much as I had this one semester, what with Jihan's play and the VMM class and finals. Sure, they had moments of hell too...many, as a matter of fact. But I've forgotten how fun repertory workshops had been when I was in grade school, and I had a chance to experience it all again this semester. Then, of course, there's that sudden burst of writing energy that I had towards the latter part of this semester. I haven't felt that in a long time.
So, yeah, my feelings about this semester are mixed. Hopefully, my grades will push me to the positive side.
Ok, enough senti talk. IT'S OVER! TIME TO CELEBRATE! Yes, there had been some happy moments this semester, but I'm glad it's over. In a few hours I'm going to be out of here!

Comments: Post a Comment

[ the puzzled one ]

    Just another puzzle with
    its pieces still missing.

[ the pieces of my puzzle ]

[ the finished puzzles ]

September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 March 2007 May 2007 June 2007 February 2013 March 2013

[ solve the puzzle ]



Blogskin Designed by: EcNeRaLx Design.. Visit my blog at www.lifepeek.blogspot.com and look at more of my skins at www.blogskins.com.. my username is ecneralx.. thanz a lot!! Enjoy this blogskin!! Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com