<body> <body bgcolor=#FFFFFF>

Saturday, July 16, 2005

 

Stuff from the last two days

So, I finally managed to finish all the requirements Aegis gave us for the yearbook and submit it early this afternoon. The directory took all of about five seconds. The profile took a little longer, since it took me quite a while to come up with a quote, and figure out what i am mostly likely to do, and how I am most known to my friends. The writeup took even longer. Collected a bunch of writeups from my friends. I'm not a good editor when it comes to that, and I couldn't help help but feel somewhat vain and narcissistic while I was editing all those writeups about myself. Thanks to Cerz, I was able to submit a senior's page, too. Here it is:





Thanks to Jace too. He made my first senior's page. I wasn't able to use it though because, for one thing, stupid me sent the wrong stanza of the poem I made to him. Plus I suddenly found a bunch of pics I realized I wanted for my senior's page. And so, I asked Cerz to make a new one for me.




Had a little disappointment last night, by the way. We went to the wake of a relative who was murdered last Wednesday morning. Tita Jenny was there. She told us that the Boracay thing would be postponed because Tita Lissa would just be getting back from some other trip a day before the original day planned. So, they're postponing it to the weekend of the 29th. The same weekend that my group in theology would be having our immersion in San Mateo. So, I can't go. And I was looking forward to it, and to getting the excuse to cut theo for once, and philo for the first time in my life. And Diana even was thinking of going with us.




Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince came out today. It doesn't take a genius why there's no blog entry by Jace yet. And why Robin didn't go with us to the play today. Ha! Gonna get mine tomorrow. Darls got my copy and Denise's for me, and she'll be coming to my house tomorrow for the pre-immersion meeting with our "foster parents". She'll be bringing the books tomorrow. Can't wait for lunchtime tomorrow, when I can finally start reading it! Haha, forget about Philosophy and Pieper, and about the poetry revisions I still have to make! Not to mention the practicum canvassing! It's Harry Potter time.




Watched Beauty and the Beast (the play) today. I have to say that the one we watched in New York was loads better. Of course, Broadway shows have more budget to work with, not to mention the fact that they've been doing Beauty and the Beast for ages. Karel Marquez is Belle awhile ago. Man, I did not realize she was so short! Probably no taller than I am, and I'm really short. She was wearing flats most of the time, so she seemed even shorter. And whenever she is standing beside Gaston, she looks like Gaston's daughter. Ditto with the Beast (Jett Pangan). Pedophilia, as my sister said. She probably is almost young enough to be Jett Pangan's daughter. But I have to hand it to them, they really sing good, both Jett Pangan and Karel Marquez. I loved the song, "If I Can't Love Her." And of course, "Home". But Jett Pangan, as I said, seemed kinda old for the part...and well, let's just say he doesn't exactly look like a prince. He's kind of short...and on the chubby side. I wonder how he would look like beside KC Concepcion, the alternate for Belle. He looked ok just after the transformation, with short hair and loose shirt and all. But when he put on that wig for the final scene, he looked wierd.

Discovered two things though. Kyla Rivera, one of our TNTs during our ORSEM, was one of the silly girls, those girls with crushes on Gaston. She was also part of the ensemble, one of the plates during the "Be Our Guest" scene, then one of the...table napkins, I think, or were they rags, which you use to wipe up spills? And Dexter Santos, my professor in VMM, was the choreographer for the play. Just one comment on the choreography. Why were there so many moments when the characters were just singing in place? Or maybe it was just me.




One last thing. About a sudden revelation Diana made when she was in my house yesterday, working on her senior's page and other aegis requirements. You really shocked me with that news, Diana. Man...the things you learn about your own friends. How the hell is it possible to know someone for what seems your whole life, be friends with her, have her for one of your barkada as a matter of fact, and only discover something completely unexpected years later? Goes to show how little we really knew and paid attention to each other...

Comments: Post a Comment

[ the puzzled one ]

    Just another puzzle with
    its pieces still missing.

[ the pieces of my puzzle ]

[ the finished puzzles ]

September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 March 2007 May 2007 June 2007 February 2013 March 2013

[ solve the puzzle ]



Blogskin Designed by: EcNeRaLx Design.. Visit my blog at www.lifepeek.blogspot.com and look at more of my skins at www.blogskins.com.. my username is ecneralx.. thanz a lot!! Enjoy this blogskin!! Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com