<body> <body bgcolor=#FFFFFF>

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

 

Lalala

A mix of good and bad today. For the bad, I just had a slap-in-the-face moment this morning and realized that my philo grade is going to be the downfall of my QPI. Even more so than my theo grade, if you can believe that. I thought at first that theology's going to give me my cursed grade for this semester, but for some reason, I've somehow managed to BS my way through the essays he keeps on asking us to write. But for Philo, I'm headed downhill. My recitation grade's shot to hell, and it's 50% of the entire grade. So, no matter how high I get in those tests he gives us, it'll never be enough, since they're only 25% of the grade. But I've always been lousy at spoken BS. I can't seem to say the right things in that class.

For the good, though, I met up with my thesis adviser, Mr. Respeto, this afternoon again. I'd submitted to him an essay last week, making that five essays I've submitted to him so far. He's finally read them all, and he actually liked it. It's a nice feeling to have a professor you like and respect appreciate your works, since you yourself can't seem to do so. I know I'll never be a Marra Lanot, or a Jing Panganiban-Mendoza, or any of those established nonfictionists, but at this point in my life, what I'm looking for is just to have people appreciate what I write. Because in the long run, that is really what will matter, right? Awards don't mean much if people around you, people you know and respect can't even appreciate your work. Take Marcel, for instance. Man, he's a great philosopher, I'll hand him that. I'll never be able to fully understand how he comes up with the stuff he writes about and write things that would eventually be discussed in philosophy classes all over the world. But damn it, you'd need a brain like his to actually understand what he says. It takes a lot of reading and a lot of dedication in the reader's part in order to get to the bottom of what he's trying to say.

But then, that's just me.

In other stuff, Miss Patawaran, I know you read my blog. Anyway, just wanted to tell you, I called Ateneo Law School. They say that the October slot is still open, in case you're still interested in taking it anyway. There are still 59 slots open, and the deadline for applications is 2 weeks before Oct. 22. They still don't know a thing about the next batch, so they can't tell me when the next exam will be or when the deadline for applications for that batch will be. That's all! :D

Comments: Post a Comment

[ the puzzled one ]

    Just another puzzle with
    its pieces still missing.

[ the pieces of my puzzle ]

[ the finished puzzles ]

September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 March 2007 May 2007 June 2007 February 2013 March 2013

[ solve the puzzle ]



Blogskin Designed by: EcNeRaLx Design.. Visit my blog at www.lifepeek.blogspot.com and look at more of my skins at www.blogskins.com.. my username is ecneralx.. thanz a lot!! Enjoy this blogskin!! Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com