<body> <body bgcolor=#FFFFFF>

Thursday, March 23, 2006

 

Finding My Purpose

Today's job hunting with Yumiand Quincy started out depressing actually. We went to White Plains first, to pay a visit to my old kindergarten, Philippine Montessori. Mom had already cleared the way for us, calling in ahead, so Ate Mel was waiting for us.

It was...different...from the way it had been when I was studying there. Well, of course it was. I was only four when I studied there! I was...smaller than I still am (hehe)...and I was the one having fun hoarding books from the little library or playing with my classmates or joining the school plays. Applying to teach with no education background and for people who know who I am too well is a different matter altogether. I was tensed the whole time I was trying to fill up the application form. Half of me was hoping that I wouldn't get in, half of me was hoping that I would, coz it would be a bit embarrassing if I didn't considering that Ate Mel was spreading it around that I once was one of the little kids who ran around in that place. The assistant director wasted no time in telling us that we had very little chance of getting in because of our lack of education units.

It was a relief when we finally left that place afterwards and started that very hot uphill trek back to White Plains Avenue. As we were walking, I realized that I don't really want to teach there. At least, not yet. If and when I give it another shot, I'd want to have more confidence in myself. Maybe so I'd know that I would have more chance of surviving and proving myself to myself and to them.

We went to Funworks next. It's this place in New Manila that is some sort of travelling science-teaching group. They do school tours and "teach science the fun way". I gotta say, sitting in that colorful room was a lot more relaxing that being in the cramped office of Philippine Montessori with Ate Mel announcing to the entire world that I was the daughter of Elvie Santiago and asking me all sorts of questions about my life. Here, everyone seemed...normal and fun and smiling. Well, there were three of them, but even the one who looked like the manager didn't seem scary at all.

I know it's a science-teaching group, and I know I was lousy at science, and maybe I have very little experience with teaching, but I really do want this to work. It's the first time I've thought of pursuing something and not feel so...panicky. Please, God. This could be my chance. This could be the purpose I was looking for. Please, please, please, let us pass the interview on Tuesday!

[ the puzzled one ]

    Just another puzzle with
    its pieces still missing.

[ the pieces of my puzzle ]

[ the finished puzzles ]

September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 March 2007 May 2007 June 2007 February 2013 March 2013

[ solve the puzzle ]



Blogskin Designed by: EcNeRaLx Design.. Visit my blog at www.lifepeek.blogspot.com and look at more of my skins at www.blogskins.com.. my username is ecneralx.. thanz a lot!! Enjoy this blogskin!! Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com