December 2. 23 days before Christmas--not that I actually feel it. Anyway, I, along with the rest of 1A and ALS, am now well into the second semester of law school. Time moves fast. Though there are times when it feels like it's been a million years ago, college graduation hasn't really been that long ago. And here we are, deeply immersed (is that redundant? I'm not quite sure) in this swamp called law school. Pressure, pressure, pressure...mostly coming from the Atty. Candelaria/ Constitutional Law II front. Who would have imagined I would end up like my sister, sleeping for only four hours or less because of school? Med school this isn't, but it's pretty damn close.
Ah, yeah, I still miss the old life. I miss the things I used to love (and still do love, actually--something like a long-distance relationship. Not that I would know) when I was...er, young and carefree. *snickers* I haven't had much time and energy for those things these past several months.
I haven't written a thing (that has anything to do with the backlog of story ideas that still remain untouched in my head) since summer vacation. Yes, I am a disgrace to my creative writing friends. I haven't even tried to. What can I say? It looks like whatever creativity and skill that terminal writer's block had left me with has taken a permanent vacation to give way to the tons of information I've been trying to cram into my head this year. I keep telling myself to write, but I just can't muster the energy to do so. I have a hard time writing anything worth a damn lately and my grammar is back to the way it was in grade school. In other words, pitiful and dismal. I've even been neglecting my blog(s) these past weeks.
Hmm...and I used to tell people that I was going to be a writer when I grew up. At least that's what my relatives tell me I used to tell them when I was a kid. All I remember is that I used to imagine myself doing something that's related to books. I think I even once considered being a librarian. Well, one thing I learned this year is that nothing's really set in stone until...well, until it's set in stone. I may still end up mastering the Dewey-Decimal System and directing readers to the proper shelves after all. Heh.
And I miss musicals and stage plays. I just read Jace's LJ post about that TA play they watched today. Hay. Wish I could have gone with them. We, my creative writing friends and I, used to spend time at the FA Dept or in empty classrooms just belting out lyrics from well-loved musicals. Wicked, Rent, Once on this Island, Miss Saigon, Phantom of the Opera, etc. etc. etc. And we used to watch at least one Tanghalang Ateneo or Blue Rep play every year--or even every sem. My parents used to treat me to musical plays on my birthdays because they know that it's what I love. Now, though I still occasionally sing those familiar songs under my breath, I just don't have the time for a play anymore. Life's all about law school now.
Oh, I've found a measure of happiness in law school. I've found new friends, learned new things, discovered new stuff about myself. But yeah, one just can't help but miss the most ordinary stuff about the good ol' days sometimes.
_____________
Hmm. There's something to be said about writing blog entries. So refreshing not to have to worry about your grammar and syntax so much.
# Lyn found a missing piece @ 12:14 AM