<body> <body bgcolor=#FFFFFF>

Friday, August 25, 2006

 

Old Routines and Decisions

And so it was back to the old routine for us yesterday. Going to school an hour before the scheduled time for the first class, waiting outside room 301 like bums waiting for handouts--actually we were waiting for some industrious soul who is self-reliant and patient enough to go retrieve the classroom keys from the registrar's office. Wondering if the class was going to be at 12:30 or at 1:30 that day. If Atty. de Castro would for once in his life arrive on time, or even arrive at all.

Midterms has ended and the second half of the semester has begun.

And no, Atty. de Castro did not arrive at all.

It was a bit bizarre, after two weeks of desperate cramming in the library, obsessing about our exams, before and after the exam itself. Trying to interpret what questions the professors would be asking us, if we have the chance of passing that ridiculously impossible exam, if we have any chance at all of passing this semester and making it to the next. And suddenly, it's over.

Yesterday, I came to school, not at 9 or sometime close to that, but at 11:30. I only spent about 15 minutes in the library to finish the crim digests that we would end up not submitting after all. I waited outside the classroom until it opened not flipping through my notes and trying to cram as much information as I could into my overworked brain.

It was...wierd. Heh. I don't know whether that's a good thing or not.

And so what happens next? I've made a what you may think of as a half-baked decision concerning my future in law school. Obviously, if I don't pass the semester, I won't be going on to the next semester. I'll be a bum, desperately searching for any other job than doesn't involve plants. But I've sort of decided that if ever I do pass, and if my grades aren't too dismal as to show that I'll surely be kicked out after the second semester anyway, I'm going to stick it out and give it a shot.

Because the sad truth is, I've got nowhere else to go. At this point, law school is my only chance of making a life that I worked for, not something that's been given to me just because I happen to be the daughter. A life that's actually my own. So, yeah, if God, the law school administration and the professors do decide to give me a chance, I'll stick it out.

One thing I learned these past nearly 22 years, for some people, it's not a matter of choosing the best option, of choosing the life they want, the life that will make them happy. For some people, the choice is the lesser of two evils. They just have to be contented with that and make the best out of it. As the cliche goes, when life gives you a lemon, make lemonade! (By the way, I don't much like lemonade). :P

And I'm just a bundle of laughs today, am I not? Well, that's as optimistic as I'll ever get. If I were any more optimistic, no one would recognize me anymore. Heh.

Comments:
oh, no, the saying goes, "if life gives you lemons, swell up and die." it's for allergic people.

i'm sure you'll make it!!!
-nikko
 
hahha sure, nikko...and here I thought I was pessimistic. you're trying to kill me off!

thanks :)
 
When life gives you lemons, make lemon juice and pour it all over your wounded heart.

But that's just me. :)

Go friend! :D
 
yikes! vittorio naman...isa ka pang papatay ata sa akin LOL
 
at lahat ng tao'y dumagdag sa lemon saying na ito...

"if life gives you lemons... why not sell it and make a profit?"

hahaha. version ng negosyante. haha.

kidding aside, I'm glad you decided. looks like you're starting to like the life *nudge nudge*. hahaha. Abet says "hi and goodluck" by the way.

kaya yan, if i can take on Aiai, you can pursue law. hahaha.

*my word verification code is "FWLAW" for this post. just found it funny because it sounds either like "Forward Law" or "Flaw" with a slurr... hahaha.*
 
*rolls eyes* who would have thought a cliche would incite so many corny derivatives? haha!

hi abet. good luck abet. kakantyawan kita next week abet. haha
 
hahaha. :D well...

eto pa: "if life gives you lemons, you're probably a lemon tree!"

and this one: "if life gives you lemons, collect them into a vase and make a centerpiece!" (see movie "the breakup" to understand... hahaha...)

arrrgh... seminars suck.
 
Post a Comment

[ the puzzled one ]

    Just another puzzle with
    its pieces still missing.

[ the pieces of my puzzle ]

[ the finished puzzles ]

September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 March 2007 May 2007 June 2007 February 2013 March 2013

[ solve the puzzle ]



Blogskin Designed by: EcNeRaLx Design.. Visit my blog at www.lifepeek.blogspot.com and look at more of my skins at www.blogskins.com.. my username is ecneralx.. thanz a lot!! Enjoy this blogskin!! Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com